Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yarn, Yarn and More Yarn

We didn't take any pictures at the dentist's today! But we did enjoy seeing pictures of the hygenist's dog and hearing stories about the dentist's dog. After that we headed to Hobby Lobby for one of Mom's favorite pasttimes: yarn shopping. Since her stroke, Mom has fiercely persisted in her efforts to regain the use of her right hand for one her favorite hobbies: crocheting and knitting.

Some of the prices seemed high, but we found some bargains.

I only know how to crochet - and even then, only in one pattern. I'm totally lost with knitting. So I'm not a very good companion in the crocheting and knitting department. If anyone out there is really into this stuff, share your enthusiasm with Mary. When she has dropped stitches and such, I'm not much help! (I like photography and blogging!)

We are modeling two fun scarves Mom made before her stroke.

No comments: