Sunday, December 28, 2008

A "Mary" Christmas

We celebrated Christmas a day early when everyone was home. Here's Mom with two of her grandsons: our son, Chris, who lives in Minnesota, and our son, David, who lives in Ohio.

There are a LOT of pictures in this post. It was fun to watch Mom also enjoying two of her great-grandsons: Chris and Tamara's sons, our grandsons, Henry and Eli, who live in Minnesota. Here Mom is watching me open a gift from Henry that he picked out himself!

Eli was modeling his new sunglasses for Gram here:

Henry's were Star Wars, his favorite!


Mom and I simultaneously opened new family photos of Henry and Eli.


Gram brought Henry and Eli each a little bear.


Not sure what Eli is showing "Gate-Gram" (Great-Gram) here.

I love the way she has her arm draped around Eli. I have a similar picture of her doing the same with one of her other great-grandchildren who visited last year. She loves little ones.


Here Eli is showing Gram his new Fisher Price "Kid Tough" digital camera. Supposedly these will survive being dropped in a toilet or dropped down the stairs!



In this photo we are enjoying a Christmas feast engineered by master chef, Phil. Visible are Chris, Eli, Mom, David and David's girlfriend, Elisa.

Below, David is serving the sparkling grape juices while Mom and Phil look on. Elisa is chatting with Henry and Tamara is enjoying using her new Canon digital camera!

There's got to be a good caption for this one, but I just can't think of it. Any suggestions?


After dinner, Mom observed while I did some serious "surgery" (sewing repair) on Henry's "Lovey" (which was a beloved gift from his Great Uncle Eric). Like the Velveteen Rabbit, Lovey, has been well-loved for almost 5 years.

Every surgeon needs good magnification! When we finished, Lovey was nearly good as new!

That's it for Christmas this year! Mom would love to see your pictures, too. Thank you for the many lovely Christmas cards and photos you have sent! I apologize, due to Phil and I both getting really sick in December, we didn't get our Christmas cards or Gram's out this year.

No comments: