Sunday, January 11, 2009

Reconnecting

Isn't the internet an amazing thing? In my Mom's case it has given her not only the opportunity to communicate with her friends and family (through this blog) but also to reconnect with her friends, family, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren online from the comfort of the library in her building. Below is a picture of Mom getting to "meet" Jan and Scott's new pup, Abbey...

and getting to see Chris and Eli at swim lessons via Tamara's blog.

In Mom's apartment, Christmas remains as we can't bear to part with the door wreath and Christmas tree Gail and Bill sent, seen below alongside the sprouting Amaryllis' Chuck and Cyndi sent.

Come out Amaryllis'! Bring with you the hope of Spring!!! The temperatures are going to be in the single digits in Indiana this week! A taste of what those of you in Minnesota and Chicago deal with all winter!

Mom is really enjoying the 2009-2010 personalized photo calendar Jeni and Scott sent. She noticed on the calendar that John's birthday is coming up and she mentioned, for the first time since having her stroke, that she wanted to sign a birthday card. (I think the thought of trying to do birthdays was just too much before now.) This delightful calendar reignited her passion! Thank you Jeni!

I brought Mom a card to sign when I stopped by for dinner and to pick up laundry. Even though it is extremely difficult for her to write (both part of Aphasia and limited use of her right hand), she got it done!

I would like to also extend thanks and appreciation for those things people do for Mom and send to Mom that I may not be aware of. Those things mean so much to both of us. Now be sure to scroll down through the next few "posts" as I have added several since I last sent out an email.

No comments: