Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer Night Concert

There is nothing better than a great summer night concert in the park. We went to see the Lapel Community Band Children's Concert at Dillon Park in Noblesville yesterday. We were sure it would rain, but the weather cleared and it turned out to be a gorgeous evening.

Here Mom studies the program. Mom loves reading, studying, gathering, and assimilating information of any kind. On the way home I asked her if she had studied the chapters in Romans we will cover in the Summer Trace Bible Study on Tuesday. She said she was still working on the newspapers. I said, "You know you can throw them away without reading them." She quickly said, "Nooo!" Then, as she turned and saw my teasing smile, she laughed.

The Lapel Community Band is a band we have heard before and are quite fond of.

Here's a little sampling of their music:

I love to study Mom's face. Features I remember from childhood... touched by the hands of time... reflecting years of a long and interesting life... the external adornment of a precious soul. Mom does not like the physical ravages of time. (Who does?!) I brought her a full length mirror awhile back and she said, in effect, "Get THAT out of here!"

In this photo you see Mom's watchband. We have a system. We each have the same watch. When her watch battery dies, I take off my watch and put it on her wrist so she won't be without a watch while I go to get a new battery put in hers!

Drop Mom a newsy note when you have a minute. She loves to hear from friends and family and your photographs make her day!
Mary Annis
12999 N. Pennsylvania St. #C411
Carmel, IN 46032
God is good! - Betsy

No comments: