Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mary in the Carmel Citizens Police Academy Class

Mom, Phil and I are taking the Carmel Citizens Police Academy course. Mom wanted to sign up when we saw their booth at an AARP lecture. (She took the Police Academy in Plano, Texas several times.) At left, Mom is in the processing room - just before they brought in a guy in handcuffs! Next Monday we learn how to do fingerprinting. Phil is looking forward to our day at the gun range. Mom is looking forward to the day we work with the canine unit. I guess I am interested in learning the best way to handle "vehicle stops" (i.e. getting pulled over)!

The class is taught by the Chief, Assistant Chief, and the Majors over each department. The Chaplain spoke to us also. It is incredibly fascinating and everyone is incredibly nice. We have eleven weeks of class before our graduation.

At right, Mom is in the Roll Call Room checking out the latest thefts around Carmel on our tour the first night of class. She says the Carmel Police Department is a lot larger than the Plano Police Department. - posted by Betsy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Betsy,

How great to see all of the pictures of your adventures!

I liked your statement of your interest in the Carmel police department. Let me know if you get any tips on what to do for "vehicle stops". Ha!